The Laois property market is a relatively affordable market, with prices ranging from €100,000 for a small apartment to €500,000 for a large detached house. The most popular towns in Laois for foreign investment are:
- Portlaoise: The county town of Laois, Portlaoise is a vibrant town with a thriving economy. It is home to a number of multinational companies, as well as a number of schools, hospitals, and amenities.
- Borris-in-Ossory: A small town located on the banks of the River Barrow, Borris-in-Ossory is a popular tourist destination known for its Georgian architecture and its proximity to the Wicklow Mountains.
- Mountmellick: A small town located in the heart of Laois, Mountmellick is a popular spot for shopping and dining. It is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Mountmellick Workhouse and the Old Courthouse.
- Timahoe: A small village located in the south of Laois, Timahoe is known for its Round Tower and its proximity to the Slieve Bloom Mountains.
There are a number of reasons why the Laois property market is so popular with foreign buyers. These include:
- The cost of living: The cost of living in Laois is relatively low, compared to other major cities in Europe and the USA. This makes it an attractive option for those looking to buy a property abroad.
- The quality of life: Laois is a county with a strong sense of community and a vibrant cultural scene. It is also home to some of the best schools in Ireland, making it an attractive option for families.
- The investment potential: The Laois property market is seen as a safe and stable investment, with strong rental yields and capital growth potential.
If you are considering investing in property in Laois, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, it is important to do your research and understand the local market. Second, you should work with a reputable real estate agent who can help you find the right property for your needs. Finally, you should be prepared to invest for the long term, as the Laois property market is not likely to experience rapid growth in the short term.
Overall, the Laois property market is a great option for foreign buyers looking for a property with good investment potential and a high quality of life. With careful planning and a little patience, you can find the perfect property for your needs.
Here are some additional tips for foreign buyers looking to invest in property in Laois:
- Do your research: Before you start looking at properties, it’s important to do your research and understand the local market. This includes understanding the different types of properties available, the average prices, and the demand for rental properties.
- Get a local agent: A local agent can help you find the right property and negotiate the best price. They can also help you with the legal process and make sure that all of the paperwork is in order.
- Be prepared to pay a premium: Foreign buyers often have to pay a premium for property in Laois. This is because there is a high demand for property from both locals and foreigners.
- Be patient: The property market in Laois can be slow moving. It may take some time to find the right property and negotiate a good price.
If you’re looking for a beautiful place to live and invest, Laois is a great option. With careful planning and a little patience, you can find the perfect property for your needs.